Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 11/7/18

#RaiseUpLVC

Used in a question:  "Are you ready for tomorrow's Day of Philanthropy campaign at my undergrad alma mater, connected, as all things must be nowadays, to the hashtag #RaiseUpLVC ?"

If you know me at all, then you know that I loved my college days so much, that I stayed there to pursue THREE degrees, officially graduating TWO times (in '95 and '00), basically being a student for ONE whole decade (from the fall of 1989 to the winter of 2000, with a few semesters off intermittently for other pursuits).  It's where I discovered who I was ... where I met some of the best people, both in front of the classroom and in the seats around me ... where I embraced a liberal arts approach to life ... where I honed my critical thinking skills ... where I made memories that have lasted my lifetime. 

Let's face it -- had the government not stopped letting me borrow money OR were I independently wealthy, I'd still be there today!

Since the government did indeed cut me off when I maxed out my loan eligibility and since the most I've ever won playing the lottery was $50, I can't join in in too big a way for the fundraising telethon to come tomorrow (Nov 8) when the goal is to get 1000 donors in 24 hours.  But even though there aren't going to be any buildings named Neidermyer on the ever-growing campus any time soon, I *can* do my part to be 1 of those 1000 in the morn -- because they will accept gifts of any size to meet their goals.

Anyone able to join me?  Let's #RaiseUpLVC together!

DETAILS OF THE DAY OF PHILANTHROPY CAMPAIGN:
https://www.lvc.edu/support-lvc/funding-opportunities/day-of-philanthropy/

ALL ABOUT MY ALMA MATER:
https://www.lvc.edu/

150 LVC MEMORIES:
https://capcognition.blogspot.com/search/label/LVC%20%7C%7C%20CL%20Memories