Saturday, November 10, 2018

Random Posting for Penn State 11/10/18

Here are 9 Nittany Nuggets from today's football game:

1.)  Woo-hoo!  Win #885 is in the books (and no, they don't *all* belong to McSORLEY -- just the last 29!).

2.)  I had kind of forgotten what a noon game was like ... not that I'm complaining ... only just saying.
3.)   30 degrees but feels like 19, eh?  Pretty sure I haven't felt *those* temps since Feb of 2015.  Again ... not that I'm complaining ... only just saying.
4.)  I'm no physical therapist, but I sure do hope that Trace-with-a-knee-brace is doing whatever he needs to do to stay as healthy as he can to close out this season ...
5.)  And I'm no bowl game assigner, but I sure do hope that we land one over New Year's ... instead of those ones that get burned off before Christmas.
6.)  I will say that my glass is normally of the half full kind, but the catastrophizer in me does always think that a missed point-after all but guarantees that we're going to lose that game by just one point.  Happily, that was not the case today.
7.)  Hey announcermen -- the television program before the game on my local ABC channel was Jack Hanna and his wild kingdom, so your nature-documentary-style opener about lions and badgers was kind of a spot-on segue.
8.)  Hey announcermen -- you know how you joked about how wonderful Siri was but at least she couldn't replace you?  Well you must not have seen how China premiered it's artificially intelligent news anchor this week.  I do fear that your days are indeed numbered. 
9.)  I don't care what anyone else says.  *My* player of the week is going to *have* to be Jake PINEGAR ... 'cause regular readers know I'm fond of a kicker, and today our kicker finally got to see a lot of action!

In closing, thanks to the announcermen (on whom I usually pick) for all your Penn State trivia knowledge this week.  I did not know that our original colors were pink and black ... and I did not know our original mascot was "old coaly" ... and I did not know that the origination of the "we are" chant was in response to standing up for the right for college football to be integrated ... and also rest in peace Wally TRIPLETT, who just passed away and for whom Penn State fought back in the day -- and by "back in the day", I mean the 1940's, although football and racism still get paired together often enough in modern times.  Here's to extending the Scarlet Knights' losing streak by yet another game next week ... and Trace:  rest up that knee, son!


FOR ALL YOU STATS LOVERS OUT THERE:
http://www.winsipedia.com/penn-state

BOWL PREDICTIONS (AS OF BEFORE THIS GAME [UNLESS THEY UPDATE IT]):
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2805214-bowl-predictions-2018-updated-predictions-after-week-11-cfp-rankings

ANNOUNCER PEOPLE OF ALL KINDS WILL ONE DAY SOON BE ROBOTS:
https://www.upi.com/China-launches-worlds-first-AI-news-presenter-at-conference/8151541783736/?rc_fifo=5