Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 11/14/18

I just might be a blueneck.

Used in a sentence:  "After seeing this recent Sunday comic strip, it struck me that I just might be a blueneck."

Let's be clear -- there was once upon a time (back in central PA), when I was associating with late 80's-era Republicans (which I now attribute mostly to geographical influence), and then I traveled and met some people who weren't just like me, and learned that I wasn't who I thought I was, and I generally had my mind expanded beyond the ever-present themes prevalent in where I grew up and I began to appreciate the "other" and to embrace the "other" parts of myself. 

Let's *also* be clear -- the actor that was once in me (or perhaps I should re-phrase that to "the actor instincts I once cultivated") --  has (have) given me the ability to keenly observe in most situations and has(have) allowed me to become a part of just about any grouping in which I find myself ... in a manner that means I can find a way to belong anywhere (whilst also never completely never really belonging anywhere at all).

Which is all the long way to say that IF living a somewhat unsophisticated life (often shirtless, 'cause I do reside here in the SoFlo after all), despite taking a somewhat intellectual approach to a lot of things after collecting a number of degrees in my youth, and all the while aligning myself with a primarily blue progressive agenda -- if all that makes me a blueneck, then so be it.  After all, my people (on both sides of my family*) lived in trailers just two generations ago, so I fully embrace the trailer-park-weltanschauung I inherited.  [*ancestryDNA test pending]

Lookit -- all I'm saying is that if I'm-a gonna be a blueneck, I'm-a gonna be the best blueneck I can be.

HOW BLUENECK ARE YOU?:
http://allowe.com/laughs/book/You%20May%20Be%20A%20Blueneck.htm

WHY DID REPUBLICANS START DISPARAGING ADVANCED EDUCATION:
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/01/why-conservatives-love-dumb-presidents.html

THE RED/BLUE DIVIDE MAY ACTUALLY KEEP US TOGETHER AFTER ALL:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/red-america-and-blue-america-depend-on-each-other-thats-how-it-should-be/2018/04/23/834021f8-470a-11e8-9072-f6d4bc32f223_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a40f7c3f5b99