Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 10/17/18

Thrives on Neglect.

Used in a super long sentence:  "Similar to the running gag on 'Brooklyn 99' where someone says something and another character says 'that's the name of your sextape', I am now actively sourcing things that get said after which I say 'that's the name of my auto-biography' ... or, in other words, take a look at this display at the local 'Luckys Market' titled 'Thrives on Neglect' aka 'that's the name of my auto-biography'."

Note:  this cutesy collection of plants that will live even if you actively (or passively) try to kill them is NOT the first time I've been exposed to this concept, seeing as how Dickon tells Mary that "the strongest roses will fair thrive on being neglected" as he introduces the secret garden to her in ... 'The Secret Garden' ... and seeing as how I still tear up every time I hear the 'Wick' track from that musical.  (And yet STILL some of you feigned surprise at my Sep 22 announcement this year ...)

Here's the thing ... those of us who are able to succeed against all odds due to those who noticed our "wick", proving that we are a part of that special group that thrives on neglect, need to be sure to be paying attention enough that we take care of those who may need a little more.  That's *my* commitment to all of you.

IF A THING HAS WICK, IT HAS A LIFE ABOUT IT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbpze63j8S8

A LIST OF PLANTS THAT WILL THRIVE ON NEGLECT:
https://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/14/garden/14garden.html

PHOTO CREDIT FROM *THIS* LOCATION:
https://www.luckysmarket.com/oakland-park-florida/