Monday, October 15, 2018

Random Memorial for Monday 10/15/18

Gone but not forgotten:  the greatest hits of Bette Midler, as packaged in the 1993 compilation called 'Experience the Divine'.

As a reminder, this isn't some protest about Bette's political tweets -- especially seeing as how I agree with the vast majority of them -- but is instead a representation of the fact that I'm discarding cassettes for which we also have the CD in our collection.

It is such a chore to pick just one tune amidst such a collection of greatest hits ... and although I have an affinity for 'Only in Miami' now that we live in the SoFlo ... and although 'The Rose' makes me cry upon every listening ... and although I remember Johnnie's last show when she sang 'One for my Baby ... and One more for the Road', I'm going to pick the melancholy opening track of 'Hello in There', for reasons I'll share soon in an as yet unwritten post ... and, because as the Marvelous Bette says in the opening moments of the link below/to follow ... "we're all here for the survival".

SAY 'HELLO IN THERE ... HELLO':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldqc0_vzfgk