Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 9/19/18

Lawn Rage II:  Revenge of the Spider

Used in a sentence:  "As a follow up to my back-to-school post about a month ago where I disclosed that I had moved beyond road rage into old man style lawn rage, I am happy to provide this update I'm calling 'Lawn Rage II: Revenge of the Spider'."

If you read that earlier post, you may remember that I was trying to come up with things I could do to keep the neighborhood kids from cutting through my lawn (it's a house on the corner), and from damaging the hedges, and from refraining from using my yard as a base to crouch down behind those hedges to throw things at passing cars.

And if you've read many of my other posts through the years, then you know I have some Doolittle tendencies -- and by that, I don't mean I'm a slacker extraordinaire but that I tend to talk to the animals.  It appears that one of the orb spiders who normally reside in our *back* yard heard my complaints and decided to take things into its own eight hands.  This giant spider with its giant spider web moved in between the tree and the hedges in the *front* yard -- right in what would be the path of any stray school age hooligan.

Over on the Facebook, I'll post a video instead of this static shot where you can get a better sense of its scope and size and scale ... but suffice it to say that I feel more and more confident that it will serve to be an excellent deterrent for any tomfoolery and jackdouchery (insert evil "mwa-ha-ha" laugh here). 

THE ORIGINAL POST:
https://sosaystroy.blogspot.com/2018/08/random-wordplay-for-wednesday-82218.html

LEST YOU THINK OTHERWISE, THE ORB SPIDER IS MOSTLY HARMLESS:
http://entnemdept.ufl.edu/creatures/misc/spiders/tropical_orb_weaver.htm

LEST YOU THINK THAT LAWN RAGE (i.e.  YARD RAGE) ISN'T A THING:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/10/opinion/yard-rage-rand-paul-assault.html