Friday, September 21, 2018

Random Posting for Penn State 9/21/18

Here are 9 Nittany Nuggets from today's [yesterday's] football game:

1.)  So many night games ... such a struggle for old men like me to stay up long enough to the end of them ... and such a moral quandary over posting the day after the game but back-dating it on the blog to make it seem like it was the same day -- even though the actual game went past midnight on the east coast, making the today and yesterday distinction even more problematic.

2.)  By the way -- the image accompanying today's post is what I google-found when I searched "Penn State Friday Night Lights" (i.e.  penn state night light).
3.)  So I now need to fact-check myself for when I said "never in my lifetime" has there been a Friday night game, and seeing as how the last one was in 1982, I should explain that I was only 10 years old then -- and that my exposure to any football by that age was just the one night I auditioned for peewee football and wasn't cast in any of the roles.
4.)  That story may also explain how it is I judge a play as pretty darn good -- 'cause I'm watching the guy who *doesn't* have the ball at least 40% of the damn time during a game.
5.)  It may also be why I'm missing the funny rebus style pics that used to be on the sidelines all last year.  Does Ricky RAHNE not like to do those kinds of puzzles?
6.)  Our time in Chicago (from 2001-2014) overlapped with the entirety of Lovie's time with da Bears (2004-2012), although he didn't have his Santa Claus beard back then -- so although I didn't want him to win, it was nice to see him again.
7.)  Hey announcermen -- although I usually "ding" you in this part of the post, I will turn the tables and actually *thank* you for providing me with another way to say how I'm worried about the boys' issues with "dropsies" in that I can instead be concerned over their "sure-handedness".
8.)  Hey announcermen -- in today's day and age, we're trying to control the "creepy" factor, so when you are talking about SANDERS and you say "just look at those legs in white" with a mix of envy and desire, it makes us all feel a certain kind of way.
9.)  I don't care what anyone else says.  *My* player of the week is going to *have* to be that aforementioned man with those legs that look so good in white -- Miles SANDERS.  I want to call him Colonel SANDERS, but I'm afraid someone will make it sound racist instead of just an innocent play on words with his name and then I'll be a creepy one, so I won't try to make that a thing.

In closing, thanks to Shaka TONEY for being on our team, because I giggle every time I hear his name and wonder when I hear it if he is the son of Shaka Zulu ... and here's to what may be the biggest game of the season -- yet another night one -- next week against The Ohio State.  Make the best out of that extra day of rest and recovery, boys!


BLAME THE NFL FOR FRIDAY NIGHT GAMES ('CAUSE THEY TOOK THURSDAY):
https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/08/31/friday-night-schedule-best-games-arizona-ucf-ucla

JUST LOOK AT THOSE LEGS IN WHITE:
http://www.mcall.com/sports/college/psu/mc-spt-penn-state-football-illinois-columm-20180922-story.html

LOOKS LIKE SHAKA'S DAD IS ANTHONY AND *NOT* ZULU:
https://gopsusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1413