Saturday, September 15, 2018

Random Posting for Penn State 9/15/18

Here are 9 Nittany Nuggets from today's football game:

1.)  Ah yes, the annual Penn State vs Kent State game -- or, as this old man calls it, the game where I curse the announcerpeople and the refs for their enunciation failures when I frequently can't tell about which team they are speaking.  (Note - the accompanying image is a "mouth robot" that someone made to help people to learn how to enunciate.)

2.)  So ... if we hadn't have had to give back those three TDs due to penalties, our score could have been in the 80's!?
3.)  I'm just gonna say -- and you should know I'll mark your hate comments as spam -- but JoePa would never have run the score up quite that high.  Just sayin'!
4.)  That being said, it was nice to get to see Sean CLIFFORD again in action.  Tommy STEVENS best hurry up and heal, lest he be forgotten.
5.)  Although, of course, continued props to the man who will collect ALL the school records by the end of the season -- Trace McSORLEY.
6.)  Here are my main takeaways from the games this year so far -- too many offside penalties, onside kicks are still a bitch-ass move, and we better cure ourselves of our case of the "dropsies" damn quick.
7.)  Hey announcermen -- as much as I flinched at your suggestion that the secret to Kent State's game today was to embrace "no risk it, no biscuit!", I will admit that, by the end of the game, I was considering making it my new mantra in my life.
8.)  Hey announcermen -- when you refer to the player as a "stud with a capital 's'", I think you are probably paying unnecessary homage to the patriarchal society that rewards male sexual prowess at the potential risk of insulting the #metoo generation.
9.)  I don't care what anyone else says.  *My* player of the week is going to *have* to be Ryan BATES -- and I don't necessarily need to know the back story behind the touchdown celebration that he and McSORLEY do (it seems to be a bit of a belly rub followed by a hula-hoop-style hip-shaking pelvic-thrust of a dance move), I'm just glad that they get to have their private moment as often as they do (as that means more points for us) -- but remember, it's all fun and games, until one of you gets pregnant.

In closing, thanks to the "undefeated and uncrowned" 1973 team -- including our only Heisman trophy winner ("only" to date, that is, wink-wink, nudge-nudge) John CAPPELLETTI and Ed O'NEIL (whom I love on 'Modern Family', and whom I will miss when he's killed off this season [unless that designation goes to Stella, as I really suspect]), honored today at half time for their 45th anniversary ... and here's to a FRIDAY NIGHT game next week against Illinois -- at 9pm -- and to me and mine trying to figure out how to stay awake until the end of the game early Saturday morning!


STEVENS BEST HEAL QUICKLY OR IT'LL SOON BE ALL CLIFFORD ALL THE TIME:
https://www.landof10.com/penn-state/penn-state-sean-clifford-quarterback-highly-competitive

THE TRACE McSORLEY AND RYAN BATES TIME WARP DANCE:
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/09/penn-state-qb-trace-mcsorley-lineman-belly-rub-celebration-video-nittany-lions

CONGRATS AGAIN TO THE '73 TEAM:
https://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-football/article42827091.html

BONUS LINK:  HERE'S THE SOURCE FOR THE ACCOMPANYING IMAGE:
https://www.cnet.com/news/horrifying-robot-mouth-teaches-hearing-impaired-how-to-enunciate/