Friday, August 3, 2018

Random Flashback for Friday 8/3/18

One is named Ashlyn ... and one is named Cherokee.  Also -- one is nine years old in this twenty year old photo (I'm guessing it's the former and not the latter ...)

I know all this because my moms was really good about jotting descriptions on the backs of all the photos of her life out in the wild wild west that she would send me through the mail in cards.  Back in those days (specifically here, it's the summer of 1998), we kind of had a virtual relationship (back before the e-world was prevalent, and when "virtual" meant you sent cards and letters and photos through the postal service because you only ever actually saw each other approximately once a decade).

Based on where these photos all fall in my old fashioned album, I'm presuming it was all part of the same vacation she took with two of her grandkids (the children of one of my sisters) at a place called Browns Lake, Montana -- 'cause, let's face it, this particular picture has Montana written all over it!