Saturday, August 4, 2018

Random Soapbox for Saturday 8/4/18

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... it's time to dust off ye olde boycott list and add the local bank BB&T to it.

And let me tell you something -- you don't want to be on the bad end of my boycott list (and, conveniently, although the "you" there is most often a business that pisses me off, every now and then I put a person on said list).

Lookit -- it's not the *first* bank to appear on that list (that "honor" goes to Wells Fargo, which I recognized was led by a bunch of criminals long before the rest of the world caught on) ... and it likely won't be the *last*, but it for damn sure is the *latest*.  For background, I am obligated to use it as that is how the monthly rent is paid, and today, after a 30 block walk, I arrived to discover that they have a new policy of keeping the lobby CLOSED on Saturdays in order to be drive-thru only for the few weekend hours they offer their customers.

Did I mention that I WALKED there?  Did I mention that they also had a policy that only people in cars can use their drive-thru?  Luckily for me, an older gentleman had walked up to the drive thru area and was in the process of making what amounted to MY complaint for me.  A flustered manager had already been called to help the window worker, and so I shoe-horned myself in to the situation by taking over the other lane.  (To be completely clear -- there were no cars present throughout this unpleasant experience.)

I'm guessing that this is s sign that the bank is struggling and may soon go under as it can no longer afford basic staffing ... or that it's scared of weekend bank robbers (that's apparently still a part time job for some people down here in the SoFlo) ... or that they happily discriminate against those who run errands on foot ... but their decisions were sufficient enough to get them added to my list.

Mind you -- it's not like I have oodles of money sitting around in need of a home at a bank ... but I am swearing on all that is holy and unholy and moderately holy, when I win the lottery, I'm going to make certain that none of my business dealings are with the BB&T.  Neener-neener-neener ... and take that!

THE 2018 BAD BANK LIST IS OUT!:
https://mic.com/articles/187232/switch-bank-accounts-the-15-worst-banks-for-consumer-complaints-cfpb-database-and-how-to-find-the-best-checking-account-savings-accounts#.NTVEYwnMO

SPEAKING OF BANK DRIVE THRUS:
https://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf/2015/03/the_death_of_the_bank_drive-thru_pneumatic_tubes_dwindling_in_digital_nj.html

SPEAKING OF WELLS FARGO BEING ON THE LIST:
https://capcognition.blogspot.com/2013/06/random-soapbox-for-saturday-6113.html