Friday, July 6, 2018

Random Flashback for Friday 7/6/18

And now we've come to that part of the annual look-back-two-decades shtick where I get to share what my geographically distant family members were doing in the summer of 1998.

You can read other posts that detail my complicated relationship with the lady in this photo (my bio-moms, yo!), but for now, just know that she regularly sent me cards that included photos of her life in Montana (and other western states when she traveled).

She was also super-good at being sure to write on the back of the pictures, which is how I know that *this* particular shot in the wild is from a trip she took with some of her grandkids to Browns Lake, Montana.  As upcoming pics in this special twenty-year old summer series will show, it was a place for horseback riding and fishing -- lots and lots of fishing (as you'll see in the photo planned for two weeks from now).  Until then, here's my (late) momma, happy in her environment, circa summer 1998.