Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 7/4/18

4000 (or less) in year 4!

Used in a sentence:  "I am excited to announce that I have a goal for the fourth year of my weight loss (?) journey:  4000 (or less) in year 4!"

In case you weren't following along, this whole thing started back in July of 2015 -- and I made some kind of progress for a bit (until my doc told me that fat people can't just start running without hurting their knees), but then things started to fall apart, and my fortnightly check-ins started trending upwards instead of the way I wanted.  I decided I needed a breather -- and then I accidentally took off pretty much the whole third year, only weighing myself once a season and converting that to ounces because I didn't like the number I was seeing displayed in pounds.

Which brings me to the kick-off of year 4.  I've decided to keep the ounces ('cause I gotta be me), but to weigh in monthly as a new frequency for the check-ins.  And, most importantly, I'm going to apply everything I've previously learned to get my desired results:  to be 4000 OUNCES (or less) by the end of year 4 in July of 2019.  And it will be as easy as A-B-C-D ('cause 4 things in year 4 only makes sense).

  • Ambulating on the regular (I have one hour walks in the am planned for 5 days a week, and one hour lunch walks 6 days a week)
  • Bringing back my dumbbells (with my "work-whistle" workouts M-F at the end of the day and special bicep curl lifts on W and F)
  • Controlling portions (especially at lunch when I tend to eat more and at fast food restaurants, when I make the high-caloric choices)
  • Drinking fewer calories (with more zero calorie drinks all the time and a little less alcohol those nights when cocktails are part of the menu)
NOTE:  Not on the list -- reducing my bacon intake (at least not until my first heart attack).  And ... here ... we ... go ... with an official kick off weigh in of ... 4256!

YOU CAN DO A LOT WITH A DUMBBELL:

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PORTIONS:

OH THOSE LIQUID CALORIES: