Monday, June 25, 2018

Random Memorial for Monday 6/25/18

Gone but not forgotten: yet another cassette going out in the garbage -- this time the first of a few from Ms. Ciccone.

As a reminder, this isn't any kind of dig against the singer -- it's just that it's her turn to get purged from the cassette collection because there is an identical version of the release in with the CDs (and even though those tricky millennials *tried* to make cassettes a thing again, it doesn't seem like it's going to stick).

So fare thee well, "virginal" Madonna (and is there any more an appropriate use of those air quotes) ... and since I have to pick a tune to accompany the image, I'm going to go with her cover of Ross Royce's song (something I didn't even know *was* a cover until I went fact checking this post -- although, let's face it, I was only six years old when the original came out in the late 70's).  For that matter, I might as well break my rules (they are MY rules after all) and post BOTH versions of 'Love Don't Live Here Any More' ...

MADONNA GOT ABANDONED:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY1UdLLw7TQ

BUT ROSS ROYCE GOT ABANDONED FIRST:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5gFAiPJhvI