Saturday, June 30, 2018

Random Soapbox for Saturday 6/30/18

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... I realize that this is going to sound a little like Veruca Salt ...

... I want access to a new arctic coke icy beverage machine and I want it now!

How excited was I to hear that my fave Coca-Cola could be slushified directly in the bottle using NASA technology -- or, as they say in the accompanying article below/to follow:  "Arctic Coke vibrates the bottle and sends an invisible shiver through the liquid, forming ice crystals in a fraction of a second ..."?!  Hint:  I was very very excited.

How surprised was I to learn that this has been on the market since June 2016, when it launched in a handful of convenience stores in Indy?!  Hint:  I was very very surprised.

How disappointed was I to discover, via the "find an arctic coke" map, that a recent expansion puts the special machines ALL up and down the west coast and in Minnesota and Missouri (and all the 'Kum and Go' stores in Des Moines, Iowa [not a typo]) but ONLY up and down the west coast and in Minnesota and Missouri (and all the 'Kum and Go' stores in Des Monies, Iowa [still not a typo])?!  Hint:  I was very very disappointed.

How can they not even be in Atlanta, the home of the Coca Cola company?  And why are they in Minnesota, where you could probably get the desired effect just by sitting the bottle outside for a minute or two most days of the year?  And who could possibly be in charge of this product launch who doesn't know that it gets pretty darn hot down here in the SoFlo -- and that I , who consumes all kinds of coca cola products, am now forced to live in an area currently un-arcitic-ified?  Is this not America?

Veruca herself done said it best: 

I want the works
I want the whole works
Presents and prizes and sweets and surprises
Of all shapes and sizes
And now
Don't care how
I want it now
Don't care how
I WANT IT NOW!

SO HERE'S WHAT NASA'S BEEN DOING NOW THAT THE SPACE SHUTTLE IS DONE:
https://www.coca-colacompany.com/stories/arctic-coke-cutting-edge-coolers-make-icy-magic-in-convenience-stores-across-the-u-s

SO HERE'S HOW YOU SEE IF YOU ARE IN THE SAME BOAT AS I AM:
http://arctic.coca-cola.com/store-finder/index.html

SO HERE'S VERUCA SALT IN CASE YOU DON'T KNOW:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zcVnNwAHys