Monday, June 11, 2018

Random Memorial for Monday 6/11/18

Gone but not forgotten:  the next cassette being discarded because the CD version of it already exists in the music collection.

'Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow:  The Greatest Hits of Kenny Loggins' is *most definitely* in said collection, because it's one of the ones I'm sure to grab any time there is a road trip being planned.

How to choose just one tune to feature as we say goodbye to this great greatest hits release?  It's safe knowing that any choice will be one of quality, but since I have to pick just one ('cause those are the rules for this concept), I'm going to go for all the wistfulness and the full circularity and the Amy Grant guest star appearance that all make up 'Back to Pooh Corner'.  The fact that my own bio-moms used to tell me that the "wonderful thing about tiggers" was "that tiggers are wonderful things" as a form of encouragement to just be me had nothing to do with this choice.  Maybe.

"I swear that old bear whispered, 'boy, welcome home'" ...

TIGGERS *ARE* WONDERFUL THINGS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syU3NDkZPvs