Friday, August 25, 2017

Random Flashback for Friday 8/25/17

The "short" version of how this place in the photo came to be?

In 1995, I moved into Greentree townhouses in my hometown of Lebanon with my friend Jarrod ... and we eventually parted ways ... after which DJ moved and we became a fraternity style house for a good bit of time ... until Greentree asked us to leave because we were having too much fun too frequently (as per the neighbors, what with the fact that we shared walls with three different apartments), so we all split up for a few months ... and then reunited in a corner property house that only shared walls with Big Bertha (a classic small time convenience store).

And that abridged version of the story brings us to the summer of 1997 when this photo of my room (in the attic) was taken.  I'm not fancy, so I could make a home out of anything anywhere, but by taking the attic, I actually had the biggest room in the place.  This shot takes me way back to when I was 25 years old ... (and even though it's been twenty years, I *still* have some of that furniture [like the bedroom suite, which JoAnn had gotten for me early in the nineties when I had an apartment in Uniontown])!

Oh to be 25 and living in the attic again!