Saturday, November 4, 2017

Random Posting for Penn State 11/4/17

Here are 9 Nittany Nuggets from today's football game:

1.)  Sigh.  That's *two* weeks in a row now when the Saturday night round of cocktails is SAD drinkin' instead of HAPPY drinkin'.

2.)  Funny thing today was.  I DVR'd the game what with a ticket to the 1pm showing of the latest THOR movie, and then watched it when I got home -- whilst, unbeknownst to me, the weather delayed game was being aired live.
3.)  In retrospect, maybe it would have been better had THOR and this thunder stuck around all day long causing the game to have ended when we were still ahead instead of what it was when I picked it up again in the 4th quarter.
4.)  Well -- at least we still have Sayquon BARKLEY and no one else does.
5.)  I'm not being bitter, I'm just saying that that Spartan march down the field tradition could use a little tightening up ... maybe they can sprinkle in some cheerleaders to help keep them all in a straight line?
6.)  I'm not being bitter, but those sure are some tiny parking lots up there in East Lansing in the overhead shots of the stadium.
7.)  I started to think about how we could still be in the championship game, but my head began to hurt from thinking about all that would have to happen first.
8.)  Hey announcerpeople -- I may be getting older but y'all looked like high school students calling the game -- especially that rosy cheeked one (I'm looking at you Joe DAVIS).
9.)  I don't care what anyone else says.  *My* player of the week is going to *have* to be Trace MCSORLEY, who, before the game delay, had tied old man HACKENBERG for most TDs thrown in a season.  I can only deduce that he broke that record during the part of the game I missed.

In closing, thanks to Iowa State -- you know what you did ... and
 here's to another noon game next week (unless, you know, lightning) -- a game I'll have to listen to on a streaming radio service (curse you Comcast!)

I'MA JUST GONNA LEAVE THIS HERE:
http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footbl/archive/081011aaa.html

EITHER I'M GETTING OLD OR THEY ARE LETTING YOUNG KIDS CALL GAMES:
http://www.foxsports.com/presspass/bios/on-air/joe-davis

CONGRATS MCSORLEY!:
http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2017/11/penn_state_trace_mcsorley_care.html