Saturday, November 11, 2017

Random Posting for Penn State 11/11/17

Here are 9 Nittany Nuggets from today's football game:

1.)  Another Saturday, another afternoon gathered around the cell phone *listening* to the game, all old-tmey like..  'Cause ... curse you Comcast (for removing my BTN down here in the SoFlo)!

2.)  As represented graphically in the image accompanying today's post, it was a slow start ... but a happy ending.
3.)  Speaking of happy endings ... no, no.  There's too much of that in the news nowadays.  I daresn't add to it.
4.)  So anyway -- Happy Penn State Homecoming!  Happy Veterans' Day!  World War I is over!  (If you don't get that reference. see the link below as to why we celebrate what we celebrate today.)
5.)  Apparently the game was played in 32 degrees today.  As per my recollection, I haven't personally seen 32 degrees since 2014.  Just sayin'!
6.)  Now I'm not saying that my iheartradio app is spying on me, but I will say that the commercials seemed to switch from Allentown (some camera store?) to Florida (for gambling and lotto?) as if it knew I was here in the SoFlo listening to an Allentown station.
7.)  Courtesy of today's radio broadcast, I am now in the know about the DelGrosso Sauce Red Zone.  Broadcast TV doesn't show that stuff, yo!
8.)  Hey radio announcerpeople -- I think your name is Jack ... but every now and again, you sound like Homer Simpson calling the game.  D'oh!
9.)  I don't care what anyone else says.  *My* player of the week is going to *have* to be Jason CABINDA.  I don't know if the broadcast folks said his name as much as the radio folks did, but it seemed like he was involved in every play!

In closing, thanks to all the veterans ... and
 here's to that game against Nebraska (when*ever* it is next week, as it still hasn't been announced).


JUST A REMINDER AS TO THE WHYS AND WHEREFORES OF NOV 11:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/retropolis/wp/2017/11/11/how-veterans-day-went-from-celebrating-world-peace-to-thanking-armed-forces/?utm_term=.88a0d1d80b9c

THE RED (SAUCE) ZONE:
http://www.delgrossofoods.com/redzone/


ALL THINGS CABINDA:
http://video.btn.com/jason-cabinda