Saturday, October 28, 2017

Random Posting for Penn State 10/28/17

Here are 9 Nittany Nuggets from today's football game:

1.)  Well shoot ... gosh darnit!

2.)  As it is Saturday night, it was always the plan to get into the cherry whiskey after the game was over.  But now it's going to be a SAD bottle of cherry whiskey instead of a HAPPY bottle of cherry whiskey.
3.)  Let's be clear:  that was a one point win.  So let's not go too crazy in Columbus tonight.
4.)  Speaking of points, another record that fell tonight (sigh) was one worth noting.  Up until that field goal from the other team, we had outscored our opponents 104-0 in the first quarter.  Just sayin'.
5.)  Because I have mad coping skills, my takeaway from this game is going to be that 97 yd return by Saquon BARKLEY that kicked off the afternoon.  I'm just going to replay that over and over again in my mind instead of fixating on the final score.
6.)  Is it too late to blame those throwback uniforms with the distracting bright red football shoes (or cleats, as I understand they are called by people who know football better than I do)?
7.)  There were quite a few shots of the loud crowd at the horseshoe tonight ... to which I have to note that they apparently admit younger and younger people into college nowadays.
8.)  Hey announcerpeople -- how did you *not* reference Eddie Murphy's classic "my shoe!" skit when Saquon lost his tonight during the game?
9.)  I don't care what anyone else says.  *My* player of the week is going to *have* to be our whole damn team ... because I have faith in the fact that we'll come back from this and treat it as an anomaly to an otherwise outstanding year.

In closing, thanks to FOX, who aired the game, for letting me know that we still have the World Series each year (I thought that that particular competition would have ended once and for all last year after the Cubs finally won) ... and here's to playing that other team from Michigan next week at a time somehow *still* to be determined?!? ...


I'M GONNA PUT *THIS* ON REPEAT IN MY BRAIN TONIGHT INSTEAD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ago6F81PxSA

MY SHOE!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhay0VKmtPA

LOSING IN A GREAT LEARNING OPPORTUNITY:
http://muaythaipros.com/how-to-come-back-stronger-after-a-loss-4-steps-to-success/