Saturday, September 23, 2017

Random Posting for Penn State 9/23/17

Here are 9 Nittany Nuggets from today's football game:

1.)  Disclaimer:  due to the power of post-dating on this blog, the reference to "today's football game" is actually going to be all about the IA State game on Sep 23, despite this actually being posted on the first Sat in Oct (what can I say ... I've fallen a bit behind).

2.)  Lookit -- when unbeaten teams meet, somebody has to lose.  That's just the way it is.

3.)  According to my notes from the game, Iowa puts out a lot of TALL boys playing football instead of/in addition to bball.
4.)  You know when you have a bit of hurricane go through town ... and you're lucky enough to get your power back pretty much right away ... but then it randomly goes off on a weekend a fortnight later and the electric company tells you that you're the only house on the block that''s affected ... and then some electric guys from NC in town to help with relief efforts determine that your house's surge protector is fried and so they replace it just in time for the game ... yeah, it's been THAT kind of week around here.
5.)  I'm just going to say this ... Josey JEWELL (on the Iowa team) sounds like an outlaw ... except, you know, it's Iowa and not the wild west ... unless the wild MIDwest is a thing?
6.)  I'm just going to *also* say this ... being run off the field by a Hooker (aka Amani HOOKER) makes me giggle every time it happens.
7.)  Speaking of things that make me giggle ... hearing the announcerpeople say "scoot" and "scamper" ALWAYS does the trick.
8.)  Hey announcerpeople -- I'm not quite sure why, but I wrote down "any QB with a medium arm" on my index card of notes from the game, so I probably didn't want you to say that OR I liked that you did -- I just plum don't remember.
9.)  I don't care what anyone else says.  *My* player of the week is going to *have* to be the one and only Saquon BARKLEY, what with his record 358 all purpose yards and all.

In closing, thanks to whomever came up with the wave to the children's hospital tradition for Iowa ... and here's to another opportunity to keep up our winning streak against Indiana next week.


PROVING YET AGAIN THAT THE INTERNET HAS EVERYTHING:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/city-vs-city/56962-states-tallest-people-8.html

WHEN THE HOOKER RUNS YOU OFF THE FIELD:
http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4036134/amani-hooker


358 AND COUNTING:
http://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-football/article175120281.html