Saturday, May 6, 2017

Random Soapbox for Saturday 5/6/17

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

Mobile phones, by definition, are supposed to be MOBILE.

I am completely OVER folks who decide to linger outside the fence yammering away on their cell phones, stopping and staying still while they yell at the other person on the other end ... or WORSE, pacing back and forth and back and forth on the sidewalk over and over again forcing me to be a part of your conversations when I'm out in the back yard.  Worse than my irritation -- the puppy dogs do NOT like lingerers in the first place and they REALLY do not like loud mouthed ones who don't leave.

I double checked and I am all but positive that there is not a cell phone tower on this property (although that "no man's land" between the back fence and the neighbors is a bit overgrown with a cascading wall of ferns and a bougainvillea on steroids ... so ... who knows) and I get that you may see a fence and not understand that other people (and animals) might be on the other side ... but please, so I don't have to go buy a cell phone signal jammer on the dark web, stay mobile when you're on your mobile device outside ye (new) olde homestead and ...

KEEP IT MOVING!

DO AS EMILY POST SAYS YOU SHOULD:
http://emilypost.com/advice/top-ten-cell-phone-manners/

THE CELL PHONE NO-NO LIST:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/25/cell-phone-manners_n_4761565.html

YOU'RE ON NOTICE -- I WILL JAM YOU FOOLS IN A MINUTE!:
https://www.thesignaljammer.com/