Saturday, April 1, 2017

JUST ONE MORE ... pushup (April 2017)



JUST ONE MORE ... pushup.

New month ... new challenge -- 'cause that's how we do things now that I've taken to promoting a different monthly challenge that somehow relates to my concept of embracing incremental change in order to empower folks (or just me) to stay positive and solution-focused in a day and age where problems often seem insurmountable, control often seems out of reach and apathy often seems to be running rampant.

Sometimes the challenges speak to the greater good ... or the betterment of humanity ... and sometimes the challenges are a little selfish.  This month, it's definitely more of a personal one ... but that doesn't mean YOU can't join in.


It's also not exactly new, as it was first mentioned in a post on my Facebook at the beginning of the year, when I declared this the year of the pushup.  It follows the year of the bicep curl in 2016, and it's organized thusly:  each day, I'm to do the number of the exercise equal to the DAY of the month for the amount of sets equal to the NUMBER of the month (i.e. 3 sets of 20 on March 20 but only 4 sets of 1 on April 1).

Admittedly, there's a cap of sorts related to what can actually be done (my year of the bicep curl peaked at 72 [in all permutations of that formula {and pun fully intended}] and I continue to work at increasing that number), but at the front end of 2017, I should be ripping through the numbers for pushups.  That being said, I've had some interruptions in the last two months, so I thought I'd use this ongoing concept as a way to hold myself accountable to catching up on the challenge that I previously issued.

Won't you join me?  Let's work together (and work out together) and make progress towards that goal of increasing the total by just one more ... pushup.