Monday, February 6, 2017

Random Memorial for Monday 2/6/17

Gone but not forgotten:  tonight's entry in the ongoing discarded cassettes series (now on Mondays in the new year) ... and it's the sixteenth release from the one and only Reba (who will be featured all throughout the first few months of 2017).

In case you can't read the fine print of the cassette in the trash (and remember it's only there because I *also* have the CD and a boy's gotta purge his belonging at some point in time), it's the sad 'For My Broken Heart' album, with songs about grief and trying to heal from it -- songs chosen to be included on the release after the horrific plan crash mentioned in the post from a fortnight ago.

As for which particular song to feature, it's for sure going to be the last track ... which includes this powerful second verse that always chokes me up:

If I had only known
I'd never hear your voice again
I'd memorize each thing you ever said
And on those lonely nights
I could think of them once more
Keep your words alive inside my head
If I had only known
I'd never hear your voice again

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THOSE DEALING WITH LOSS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgNIKabg_fE