Saturday, January 21, 2017

Random Soapbox for Saturday 1/21/17

I don't mean to go off on a rave here, but ...

... seeing as how I have super-talented friends, and seeing as how I have committed to raving instead of ranting once a month (for my own sanity ... and maybe even my own health) ...

... I'm going to go ahead and brag about two of them RIGHT NOW (and, in the process, start a new occasional series on the new blog).

First up, previous college mate of mine (and erstwhile mentor, and political scientist who gets it -- he really really gets it, and giver of my first break on the LVC stage, and eventual greek brother) Renato B last year proudly released a project on which he was screenwriter:  the thriller 'Criticsized' [sic].  I believe I saw an update that they've sold out of hard copies, but you young whippersnappers can still find it for download on the itunes at the link below.  Get it ... buy it ... watch it ... recommend it to your friends!

Second up, and similarly, a previous college mate of mine (and ultra dedicated musician, and activist extraordinaire) Daniel H released the ninth (!) studio album from 'Trance to the Sun', on which he serves as the drummer, this past New Year's Eve's Eve.  Digital copies AND instructions as to how to get an old-fashioned hard copy of that creative output can be found at the second link below.  PLUS ... they have arranged for a free tune download at the third and final link below, in case you're not up to speed on the rest of their catalog.  Get it ... buy it ... listen to it ... recommend it to your friends!

By the way -- I have a sneaking suspicion this new series will have many more entries in the months ahead ... possibly even another from one or both of these same artists.  Until then, feel free to enjoy that which my talented friends have to offer -- because I firmly believe that ART is the ANSWER to whatever ails you!

FIRST, THE LINK FOR 'CRITICSIZED':
https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/criticsized/id1167833234

SECOND, THE LINK FOR THE LATEST FROM 'TRANCE TO THE SUN':
https://trancetothesun.bandcamp.com/album/via-subterranea-2

THIRD, THE LINK FOR THE FREE TUNE TO GET YOU HOOKED!:
https://trancetothesun.bandcamp.com/track/max-mystic-single