Friday, January 20, 2017

Random Flashback or Friday 1/20/17

Tonight's theme for the 28th batch of photos of my father's that I inherited when he passed is "Ralph:  The Bethel Years".  Three of the five are dated for that timeframe ... and in the other two, he's clearly rocking a 70's 'stache.  As I was the youngest of babies circa this time (being born in early '72), I may need others to clarify the details for the following:  

#136:  handwritten May 17 1970 written on it ... Ralph tending to a boiling cauldron on a fire ... maybe at hunting camp (or warlock camp if that was a thing?)
#137:  shirtless Ralph building a homemade grill pit ... maybe in the back yard at Bethel?
#138:  handwritten 1974 on it (I was 2) ... shirtless Ralph building something in a sand pit ... *for sure* in the back yard at Bethel based on the neighbor's house I can see in the background (ps ... he was 51 here and I do resemble this photo at my current age of 45)
#139:  'stached Ralph in what may be the living room of the house in Bethel
#140:  'stached Ralph napping on the quilted blanket on the grass somewhere