Friday, October 26, 2018

Random Flashback for Friday 10/26/18

Happy Halloween!

In honor of the holiday -- and to stay true to the construct for Fridays on the blog/Facebook of telling my tale twenty years after it happened -- here's how we celebrated around this time of year in 1998.

Chris and I were just over a month into our new relationship, so we had reached the "meet the family" milestone.  And by "the family", I mean *his* family, as my family situation was (and always has been) atypical.  In late 1998, I wasn't yet the biological orphan that I am today, but still ...

So ... meeting *his* family meant driving up to his mom and dad's house in Wormleysburg to take his youngest nephew Robert out trick-or-treating (that's him in what I think is a GI Joe costume).  Note:  this may be the *first* appearance of our three nephews, but it won't be the last -- at least for the next fifteen years or so of Fridays before we catch up to the time when they all got old and moved across the country (or halfway around the world for one of them) setting up families of their own, rarely to be seen again.