Monday, March 5, 2018

Random Memorial for Monday 3/5/18

Gone but not forgotten:  the first of a few Billy Joel cassettes, as will be seen over the next couple of weeks.

And don't forget -- I still love me some Billy Joel -- it's just that I also have this same selection on CD, and so it's time to step into the new century (18 years late) and finally clean up the music collection with all of its duplicates.

Speaking of "love", for the tune to feature to memorialize this classic, I'm going to go for the one that speaks so fondly of the days of "dry champagne and fine cocaine", not because I was once fond of champagne ... but maybe because I enjoy yelling out the final modulation of 'I've Loved These Days' whilst remembering my own youth ...

WE CAN ONLY GO SO FAR ON CAVIAR AND CABERNET:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjbCNQRiy4A