Saturday, January 20, 2018

Random Soapbox for Saturday 1/20/18

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... in the modified words of none other than Marie Antoinette:  LET THEM EAT TIDE PODS!

All I'm saying is that sometimes the herd needs to be culled.  And that some things shouldn't have to be said.  And that if we lose a few folks to the Tide Pod eating craze, then maybe ... just maybe ... we can consider it a blessing that we got them removed from the gene pool before they had a chance to procreate.

Also -- don't yell at me how I don't understand the tremendous influence of peer pressure.  After all, I'm now old enough to get away with posing the time honored question "and if your friend told you jump off the roof, would you?" very convincingly, even if I have to update it for the teenie-boppers (or millennial-boppers?) to say "and if your friend told you to chow down on a delicious mix of Alcohol Ethoxylate, Alkyl Ethoxy Sulfate, Alkyl Sulfate, Amine Oxide, Citric Acid, Cyclodextrin, Enzymes, Ethanol,.Hydrogen Peroxide, Linear Alkylbenzene Sulfonate, Percarbonate, Perfumes, Polyethylene Glycols, Polyethylene Oxide, Polyoxyethylene, Polymers and Polyvinyl Alcohol, would you?"

My apologies in advance to any of you older folks who might have raised Pod-eating children -- I can only hope that you followed "Little House on the Prairie" rules (also known as "the Pope won't let my husband wear a condom" rules) and that you ended up with a few more kids than you needed knowing that not all of them were going to make it.

[Note:  I reserve the right to remove this post if, on the last Wednesday of the month when I feature a unique bacon dish, I discover that bacon wrapped tide pods are actually delicious.]

CULLING IS GOOD FOR THE HERD:
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2010/oct/25/deer-culling-environment-herd-sustainability

FROM WHENCE THE LIST OF INGREDIENTS CAME:
https://tide.com/en-us/about-tide/innovation/detergent-ingredients

YOU *CAN* DRINK THIS DRINK THOUGH:
https://www.supercall.com/news/tide-pod-shots