Saturday, October 7, 2017

Random Posting for Penn State 10/717

Here are 9 Nittany Nuggets from today's football game:

1.)  Disclaimer:  due to the power of post-dating on this blog, the reference to "today's football game" is actually going to be all about the NW game on Oct 7, despite this actually being posted on the third Sat in Oct (what can I say ... I've fallen a bit behind).
2.)  Now I'm not saying Chicago plays dirty ball, but there sure were a lot of penalties in today's game.

3.)  Now I'm not saying that Chicago plays dirty ball (the reprise), but there were TWO players ejected for targeting today from that team.
4.)  If it was 70 and windy today, then how come coach Pat's nipples were on full display the whole game (note:  I googled coach Pat's nipples to try to get an image for this post and I suggest you *don't* do that as you can't un-see everything that pops up in the results -- and *that's* why the accompanying image is the new athletic building coming to the campus on the lakefront sometime soon).
5.)  Speaking of wind, methinks that NU could claim that IT is their version of the "12th man" on the field.
6.)  Did I hear that stat right?  We are 76-0 when it comes to first quarter scoring this year against our opponents?  "We are" indeed!
7.)  So a bit of a slow start ... but we got it done.
8.)  Hey announcerpeople -- I'm not confirming whether I teared up or not (it was probably my contacts [except I wasn't wearing any]), but I did really like when you told Saquon's story (again) and said that he represented "all that was good about college football".
9.)  I don't care what anyone else says.  *My* player of the week is going to *have* to be good ole Tommy STEVENS aka the back up quarterback who scored a touchdown today (i.e. "Trace to Tommy for the td) ... 'cause why not?

In closing, thanks to the BigCats Bacon Doughnut burger (as featured on today's broadcast) 'cause it makes me want to hurry back home to Chicago while that monstrosity is still on the menu ... and
 here's to a well deserved bye week next week.


HEY LOOK WHAT'S COMING TO THE LAKEFRONT?!:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-northwestern-football-facility-recruiting-greenstein-spt-1009-20161008-column.html

TRACE TO TOMMY -- 'CAUSE WHY NOT?!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqn-MBu6TYA

YOU HAD ME AT THE BACON?!:
https://twitter.com/SI_Eats/status/916711240067674115