Saturday, April 29, 2017

Random Soapbox for Saturday 4/29/17

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

PUT YOUR DAMN CELL PHONE AWAY WHEN YOU ARE WALKING YOUR DOGS!

So I should probably apologize for what the kids refer to as "screaming in all caps" on the interwebs.  (PS ... apparently, a ??? at the end of an email will also be translated by those same youngsters as "wtf", and could get you in trouble at work if you were unawares [not that I would know about that personally or anything {or do I?}]), but, in the end, I'm in a "sorry not sorry" mood when it comes to that.

Here's the thing.  Your little doggie, when on a walk, should be the thing that captures your utmost attention, because he or she needs to sniff around the way to get the messages that other canines have left for him or her, and if you are so oblivious to the needs of your puppy (irrespective of age) that you are chatting incessantly or app-ing endlessly or screen obsessed constantly, then shame on you for not taking care of those dependent on you appropriately.

And if I see you otherwise occupied on the tiny screen and steal your dog out from under you, then good luck trying to get him or her back -- 'cause I'm fully planning on taking him or her from you the first chance I get.  Just sayin'!

NO!:
http://animalsense.com/2012/07/walking-talking-texting/

NO NO!:
http://anguspost.com/7-reasons-to-get-off-your-phone-when-you-walk-your-dog/

NO NO NO!:
http://thebark.com/content/cell-phone-use-during-walks