Saturday, July 1, 2017

JUST ONE MORE ... ice cream (July 2017)


JUST ONE MORE ... ice cream.

Coming on the heels of the "just one more ... candy" challenge last month, I know I'm going to run the risk of being referred to as the second coming of 
Rosina Leckermaul (the name of the witch in Hansel and Gretel, in case you were unfamiliar) ... but these are rough times and we can get back to the original calling "to embrace incremental change in order to empower folks (or just me) to stay positive and solution-focused in a day and age where problems often seem insurmountable, control often seems out of reach and apathy often seems to be running rampant" soon enough.

Until then, though, let's accept the fact that people (or just me) might need a distraction from all that is going on in the world and that they (or just me) might happen to find a little bit of happiness at the bottom of a bowl of chocolate, vanilla or strawberry/cookie dough/chocolate chip -- which are the flavors that twitterers rank numbers 1, 2 and 3 (which one was #3 depended on the state where the tweets were twittered [source:  https://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/these-are-most-popular-ice-cream-flavors-america-according-twitter])

Of course, as is true for every monthly challenge, feel free to modify it as your needs dictate -- if you need frozen coconut milk treats due to any food intolerances or allergies OR if you're counting calories and still have fro-yo establishments from last decade's craze nearby OR if you're pro-pro-biotics and want to indulge in some frozen Kefir ... have at it as you see fit!

As for me this month, I can't wait to recall my favorite ice creams in my past (Amish girls *will* be featured), to hunt down some new and exciting flavors to try and to explore (or re-visit) some of the best parlors in my local area.  After all, we're about to embark on some of the hottest days of the summer, when everyone can get some refreshing enjoyment from
 just one more ...  ice cream.