Friday, June 2, 2017

Random Flashback for Friday 6/2/17

There's a place back home (where home equals central PA where I grew up and not home in Chicago where I spent a good decade plus) where you can pull off the side of the road right where the Appalachian Trail crosses, and you can follow a path over to a central PA version of a cliff to look out over a scenic view of the countryside.

Depending on your condition at any given moment, it might have been a place to go when you were inebriated (and then a campfire was usually involved) ... but if it was daytime, then you were probably there just for the view (which occasionally included hang gliders who would run off a clearing just a little bit away).

In this scenario, it was the summer/fall of 1997 (I'm wearing my favorite flannel jacket, so I'm guessing there was a chill in the air) and I was there to show little Jakey (who took this picture) all about what was known as "White Rock" (and what with everybody being "woke" nowadays, I sure hope it wasn't so named for racist reasons).