Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 2/1/17

Bannon-bot.

Used in a sentence:  "It seems like only two short weeks ago that I was seeking a nickname for the current (mostly part time) occupant of the people's house on Pennsylvania Avenue -- which makes complete sense seeing as how it *was* just a fortnight ago when I first settled on PresiDOLT Trump -- and now so soon after I have a competitor for most fitting nickname:  Bannon-bot."

From the record low approval rating (of any new President), I know that less than half of the people are likely sick of the badgering ... but to the majority who are still trying to process the current state of affairs, perhaps understanding the fact that it's Bannon who is really calling the shots can help them focus on fighting the true source of the country's ills.

And in the spirit of nursery rhymes being written for horrific circumstances (Ring Around the Rosey anyone?), here's my contribution as imagined as spoken by Trump ...

"I'm a little Bannon-bot
Short and not so sweet
Here are my tiny hands
Here is my weave
When I get all steamed up
I just tweet:
'Believe me ... bigly ... disaster ... worst ever ... overrated ... believe you me!'"

THE SOURCE OF TONIGHT'S CARTOON:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/01/31/steve-bannon-take-note-nobody-puts-donny-in-the-corner.html

THE LAST TIME BANNON WAS IN CHARGE OF THE EARTH:
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/the-strange-history-of-steve-bannon-and-the-biosphere-2-experiment

READ UP ON YOUR ACTUAL PRESIDENT PEOPLE!!:
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/graphics/2015-steve-bannon/