Friday, February 17, 2017

Random Flashback for Friday 2/17/17

Tonight's theme for the 30th batch of photos of my father's that I inherited when he passed is "Back to the 50's".  As you may recall, I had separated out the black and white photos from the photos of color ... and now that I finally started organizing the second bunch, I found these that probably belonged to the first bunch after all -- unless you consider sepia a color.  Also -- all but the last one has a time stamp from the 50's on it ... and be sure to stick around for the last item today (from a decade later) as it is full of information ...

#146:  Grandma Neidermyer in a hat with small smiling child, time stamped "week of Sep 11 1950"
#147:  (blurry) boy on a bench by a big tree, time stamped "week of Sep 17 1951"


#148:  (blurry) boys on a dock near a big body of water, time stamped "week of Aug 11 1952"
#149:  giant tulips by a garden path, time stamped "week of Aug 11 1952"
#150:  newspaper article allegedly from July 4 1962 (that date was hand written on it as well as a note that it Gramma was 83 years old ... I'm thinking that would have been my grandma's mother) ... the article details all of the Brownstown "celebrity" activity, which featured a party with five generations present at my grandparents' house ... and it included a mention of a phone call from California from sons Fred AND Karl -- and although I knew my Uncle Fred spent time there, I had no idea that so did Uncle Karl, whom I knew as Carl with a C ... that same article ALSO mentions the announcement of the birth of Uncle Fred's daughter Tammie (a cousin I don't think I knew I had?) ... AND, because the Neidermyers were apparently all the rage it Brownstown social circles, there's a third reference to Daniel playing the organ at the local church (and I'm guessing that was my Uncle Junior's son) ...