Monday, January 2, 2017

Random Posting for Penn State 1/2/17

Here are 9 Nittany Nuggets from the bowl game:

1.)  I do believe that was a record setting game on a number of levels ... 

2.)  And what a game to watch the points accumulate ... just sorry that the end result was that the other team had just a few more.
3.)  Of course, I could have done with a few fewer interceptions.
4.)  By the way, why is this the first time I'm seeing pylon cams?  
5.)  Based on some quick research on the interwebs, the comment above is a clear sign that I may only watch Penn State games and not much else ...
6.)  So I'm guessing this means that Pasadena is the "shadow of death" ... to reference one of the two verses on Trace's bicep ...
7.)  Can I just say ... if they had rebus puzzles in football when I was little (like they do now on the sidelines to communicate plays), I might have gotten interested as a young 'un.
8.)  Hey announcerpeople ... how many times are you going to work the word "carom" into the reporting?  Hint:  it was at least one too many. 
9.)  I don't care what anyone else says.  *My* players of the week were all our boys who took a knee while the opposing team player was getting checked out after being hurt on a play.  I know there's no crying in the football, but a tear might have come to my eye at that point.

In closing, thanks to everyone who made that game super duper exciting (and with those words, you know now why I'm not an announcerperson) ... and here's to taking on the Akron Zips in ONLY eight short months over Labor Day weekend!


ALL THE RECORDS THAT FELL:
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/gallery/rose-bowl-usc-penn-state-final-score-stats-results-video-details-sam-darnold-record-broken-010317


TRACE'S TATTOO'S VERSES:
http://www.statecollege.com/news/columns/the-meaning-behind-trace-mcsorleys-tattoo-and-9-other-signs-of-faith-in-penn-states-starting-quarterback,1468911/


HERE WE GO AGAIN IN EIGHT MONTHS:
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-17/2017-penn-state-nittany-lions-football-schedule.php