Friday, January 27, 2017

Random Flashback for Friday 1/27/17

Funny thing about 1997 ... I don't have a lot of pictures from that year.  I'm pretty sure that my personal camera was "on the fritz", and this was long ago in a decade far away before digital cameras existed or before cameras were a feature on every single cell phone.

Additionally, that was the year I started struggling with my time in law school, and that struggle wasn't exactly photographed -- nor did it leave me with a lot of free time to do other things that might have gotten memorialized on film.

That means all this year (on every other Friday) as I flash back to that time twenty years ago, the photos I feature might just not be directly correlated to the months they're being presented, as has been the pattern heretofore.

For instance, this action shot of the tilt-a-whirl at Knoebels with the Whitman family certainly wasn't taken in *January* of 1997, but I'm still going to show it here in January of 2017 to continue the theme for that year back then that started with the picture I posted a fortnight ago:  when I wasn't breaking down in law school, 1997 was all about my time spent with the Whitman family.  In some ways, the motion of this amusement park ride was a fitting representation of all the whirling e-motions with which I'd be dealing as those months played out ...