Friday, January 13, 2017

Random Flashback for Friday 1/13/17

The first of this style of flashback of the new year (see below) seems a good a time as any to remind everyone how the concept works:  on every other Friday, I'll be remembering what my life was like twenty years ago (via a photo or some other tangible memory).

I've been doing it for years (over on the old blog [https://capcognition.blogspot.com/] and on the Facebook), and since it's now 2017, that means I'll be fixated on 1997 all year long.

[Note that the in between Fridays will be as they were last week and they will remain a spot to feature five of my father's photos that I inherited when he passed ... the vast majority of which are way more than two decades old.]

As for this particular picture that kicks off this year's set of photos?  It's a return to the Lutheran church camp in northcentral PA where we did a murder mystery type activity.  The winter 2017 excursion (actually in Feb that year) was the third time we were invited to the retreat ... and it was the second time that these guys (the middle Whitman boys and their friend Selman) assisted with the "show".   My notes say that we did something with "Joseph and the prisoners" ... which I know wasn't a full blown scripted murder mystery ... but somehow we pulled something off with a little improv style.  The show went on, as shows must do.