Monday, December 17, 2018

Random Memorial for Monday 12/17/18

Gone but not forgotten:  Aretha Louise Franklin.

(In other news, it's (way past) time for my annual "dead celebrity tune trilogy" [in this case, for 2018]).

First up in this year's set is the (late) Queen of Soul herself ... a voice that only comes along once in a lifetime ... and that will live on forever despite her passing because of her amazing and prodigious body of work (including this underrated tune of hers from her "slumping sales" years that is kind of one of my new favorite love songs that she ever did).

Understanding the context that I was a child who grew up in the late 80's ... you whom I knew as Pavarotti's stand-in for 'Nessun Dorma' ... and as George Michael's duet partner from 'I Knew You Were Waiting for Me' ... and as every milliner's best friend much later in our lives ... I sincerely hope that you now know 'Who's Zooming Who' ... and that you always know that you will be forever remembered and greatly missed.

UNITED TOGETHER (FOREVER):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytxEIqzltIQ