Monday, December 24, 2018

Random Memorial for Monday 12/24/18

Gone but not forgotten:  Charles John Mahoney.

(Yep, it's the *second* of my annual dead celebrity tune trilogy [although super late as it's for 2018]).

Here's the thing ... I became a Mahoney fan back in 1987 when he was on the big screen with my fav Cher in 'Suspect'.  Although I wasn't a regular 'Frasier' watcher, I knew enough to know that he was a superdad to cute Moose aka Eddie.  (And, as such, I refuse to believe the stories that Eddie was replaced by his own son late in the series OR that Moose had a tendency to bite John every chance he could.)

Since this is all about tunes from those whom we've lost, I've searched the youtube and I've decided to include TWO closing montages from TV classics that feature the dearly departed:  ER ('You're Nobody til Somebody Loves You') and the aforementioned Frasier ('On the Sunny Side of the Street').

You who taught us that gruff can still be lovable ... you will be missed.

JOHN AS YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE SEEN HIM:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUbnWpidvHc

MAY YOU ALWAYS FIND YOUR WAY TO THE SUNNY SIDE OF THE STREET:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvIpe0uN6F8