Monday, July 30, 2018

Random Memorial for Monday 7/30/18

Gone but not forgotten:  last week's summer holiday (aka, my "comfort 'cation 2018").

Circumstances were such that I had to cancel my original plans to return to central PA from whence I came (maybe in 2019?  maybe for a 30th high school reunion?) -- although, let's face it, had I made it home, I would have had to deal with epic flooding instead of my planned itinerary, so maybe all things work out the way they should ...

Instead, the previous nine days were all about spending extra time with Casanova (who, as you might have heard, recently, and very unexpectedly, lost all of his vision in one eye and most of his vision in the other) and watching movies I hadn't seen in forever (like 'Bedknobs and Broomsticks') or remakes of things I remember from my youth (like 'Chips') ... and don't get me started on the modern marvels 'Paddington' and 'Paddington 2'.  By the way -- another key ingredient of this plan?  Doing my best to avoid the news (whether the mainstream kind ... or the alternative kind [which I think is what the conspiracy theorists of today prefer to be called]).

Alack and alas, all such things must come to an end, and today I returned to work -- where, happily, none of my passwords had expired (three cheers for single sign-on)!  All I can say is that couch-cuddling with the puppies for multiple movie matinees during the traditional work week, you will be missed (at least until the next period of time off when the holiday season rolls around).

ALL HAIL PADDINGTON (THE BEST PART OF MY RECENT COMFORT 'CATION):
https://www.paddington.com/us/

A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE PHRASE "ALACK AND ALAS":
https://wikidiff.com/alack/alas

HUZZAH FOR THE MIRACLE THAT IS SINGLE SIGN-ON!:
https://www.businessnewsdaily.com/10451-what-is-single-sign-on.html