Monday, July 16, 2018

Random Memorial for Monday 7/16/18

Gone but not forgotten:  my "friendship" with someone named Stacy Dasher Sherry.

As will happen over on the Facebook (hence my use of quotes), Stacy Dasher Sherry got offended at a post of the Treasonous Trump kind, declared me a snowflake, and informed me that she must delete me.

My first thought was "who the hell is Stacy Dasher Sherry and why was she on my friends' list in the *first* place".  After turning to the google for assistance (seeing as how I could no longer research her on Facebook after she did the social media equivalent of storming off like a petulant child), I was able to locate her photo over on the LinkedIn.

Unfortunately, though, that picture didn't really help me too much -- and after considering that maybe she was one of those fake Russian accounts so in vogue on Zuckerberg's platform -- I did remember that I had recently accepted her friend request ... but only because it looked like many people I knew in my former hometown of Lebanon had also already done so.  With just a little more googling, I *did* find a Lebanon connection in what appears to be a online condolence she offered when Lebanonian Vera Eckert passed. 

Having established that hometown connection, I turned to my high school yearbook, but alas there wasn't a Stacy Dasher in it.  The only other piece of info I had to connect the dots was that both LinkedIn and the condolence page listed her town as Orange, CA -- which gave me fresh appreciation for her poor-person-had-plastic-surgery appearance, but still provoked absolutely no memory of a shared past.

By the way, the image accompanying this post is her as a polyps about to be removed, seeing as how that which apparently so upset her was my declaration that I had decided that those who have their head so far up Trump's ass might as well go ahead and attach themselves to his colon and embrace a shared group name of polyps -- although, in my defense, the polyps post was hidden in a text next to a beautiful photo of homemade strawberry shortcake because I was making the point that people should not bitch and moan about all the food shots I share on social media as I could be expressing my opinion about everything else instead.

Also by the way, in the insult competition where "snowflakes" go up against "polyps", I'll enjoy being referred to as a uniquely-beautiful-one-of-a-kind-thing over being known as an obstacle-in-the-colon-canal-around-which-shit-has-to-navigate any day of the week. 

So Stacy Dasher Sherry, whomever the f*ck you are, I feel that I can confidently say that you won't be missed.

THE ONLY CONNECTION TO FIGURING OUT WHY THIS POLYPS KNOWS ME:
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/vera-eckert-obituary?pid=118190227&view=guestbook

BEAUTIFUL ... UNIQUE ... ONE-OF-A-KIND ... DOESN'T SEEM SO INSULTING:
https://mashable.com/2017/12/30/snowflake-photographs-make-winter-seem-fun/#jlJA76qWEOqD

SHALL.  SUFFER.  DEATH!:
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2381