Sunday, May 20, 2018

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 5/20/18

What southern Florida is talking about this week:

... how Ft Lauderdale is not a great place to raise kids.

Or says the latest version of a survey that the city's done for the last few years -- which breaks down to 39% of the 744 residents who took the survey via mail, phone or internet (although no one invited me to give my opinion).

Visit?  Work?  Vacation?  All are great ideas to take place in the FTL.  Raise kids?  Not so much.  Mind you, the census numbers say that there are more of them (18 and under) than the seniors you typically think of as living here (65 or over) -- 18.5 % to 16.7% respectively.  But apparently all those young folk are headed for trouble.  And an additional note -- this was before they caught the sexual predator working as a janitor in the complex where a playground was just built in the next town over.

From a personal perspective -- and based solely on my experiences dealing with the little brats I yell at periodically to get off my lawn (yes, I'm now *that* old), I'm actually okay if we use this survey result to declare the city a kid-free zone (again, I'm now *that* old to find that arrangement strangely peaceful).  I'm all for just giving this place back to the really old folks, seeing as how I'll be one soon enough.

SURVEY SAYS ... NO TO THE KIDS!:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fort-lauderdale/fl-sb-lauderdale-family-unfriendly-20180503-story.html

THE SURVEY WAS ADMINISTERED BEFORE THIS NEWS STORY:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/wilton-manors/fl-sb-pride-center-janitor-fired-20180409-story.html

AN ALTERNATE VIEW ... THE OFFICIAL TAKE ON WHAT TO DO WITH KIDS:
https://www.sunny.org/ways-to-play/kids/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh5Dl2aGV2wIVlMVkCh2eYgNdEAAYASAAEgL-jPD_BwE