Monday, March 19, 2018

Random Memorial for Monday 3/19/18

Gone but not forgotten:  another Billy Joel cassette that is finding its way into the trash can because the exact same release also exists as a CD in my collection, and a guy with the number 50 on the horizon can't exactly keep hold of everything forever.

Tonight, it's his sixth studio album (from when I was but six years) ... and I'm going to bypass all the big hits ('Big Shot', 'Honesty' and 'My Life' anyone?) ... and even though there's a big part of me that wants to pick the sweetly romantic 'Rosalinda's Eyes' (even if it was creepily inspired by his own mama, according to the omniscient Wiki) ... instead I'm going to settle on the slightly more dangerous (you know it so from that bass line followed by the staccato piano [look at me with the music terms!]) and much more cautionary tale that is 'Stiletto'.

The song for all you sadists out there ... you will (not) be missed ('cause I can listen to you on the CD at any time)!

BE WARY OF THE ONES WHO CAN CUT YOU ONCE (OR TWICE):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmUrJ_el-SM