Friday, September 8, 2017

Random Flashback for Friday 9/8/17

Seeing as how this is a continuation of the story that was being told to accompany the last picture in this sub-series, here's a quick catch-you-up style summary.

It was 1997.  I was 25.  We (me, DJ, Corey and Selman) were living in the second version of our frat house, eventually memorialized in a tattoo on my arm as Tau Epsilon Delta -- the one on Walnut Street in Lebanon adjoined to the Big Bertha convenience store and I had set up my bedroom in the attic.  The last photo was one corner of the room ... and this was the rest of it.

Since I lived there through the winter, I had an old school kerosene heater for warmth (thankfully, I never died from the fumes nor did I start the house on fire).  All the other necessities that a 25 year old needed were present:  a weight bench, a futon (under which lived Little One, the box turtle), and a burgeoning Bat-collection (that has only grown in the two decades after this photo was taken).  Speaking of small things like that, take a look at that TV -- I mean TV/VCR combo -- that once served as the primary way I consumed television.

Yes indeed ... attic living whilst in your mid-20's -- some of the best years of one's life.