Sunday, January 14, 2018

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 1/14/18

What southern Florida is talking about this week:

A little something something from the weekend that happened 4700 miles away.

Not since my earliest college days when Billy Joel sang about how "cold war kids were hard to kill under their desks in an air raid drill" has the thought been on our collective minds of what the protocol might be if there's an unexpected flash in the distance OR you know, an "official" notification from your state government that death and destruction is en route ( ... that isn't recanted for a good 38 minutes).

Maybe it's my proximity to Mar-a-Lago that caused the story to resonate with me ('cause, lets face it -- that location has got to be targeted what with that fool spending more time there than the White House).  After checking to see how many miles away I had to be to be somewhat safe (good news [I think] -- at 42.4 miles as the google map flies, I'm not likely to be incinerated immediately) ... and after considering whether it might make sense for me to start a petition to get Dennis Rodman to switch coasts to live in *our* 'hood ('cause you know that his little chubby Asian bball friend is going to spare 'The Worm' and anyone within his general proximity), the reality of the situation began to sink in.

Luckily for me, I ran across the resource featured in the accompanying image ... made by someone who just so happens to be a celebrity doctor on the islands AND is someone with whom I once worked back when I was a young 'un in Chicago (yeah, I name drop celebrities now).  All kidding aside (remember -- we laugh so we don't cry) ... it is something that everyone should watch (right after you view any active shooter training you can locate). 

After all, modern living means being as informed as possible in order to give you a slightly higher chance at survival in a world gone mad.  Stay informed ... and stay safe!

STAY INFORMED ... AND STAY SAFE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o00vUG_uKbQ&feature=youtu.be

38 LONG SCARY MINUTES:
https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/01/pandemonium-and-rage-in-hawaii/550529/

IN CASE YOU WANT TO MOVE FAR ENOUGH AWAY FROM A TARGET:
https://www.sciencealert.com/watch-how-far-away-would-you-need-to-be-to-survive-a-nuclear-blast