Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Random Memorial for Monday 1/8/18

Gone but not forgotten:  a little album from 1985 from a little singer known as Whitney Houston.

Seeing as how this is another entry in the discarded cassettes series (where a musical relic from last century gets thrown away because the exact same item exists as a CD [which, admittedly, is also a last-century-music-delivery-method,.but that's another post for another day]), it's my job to choose just one song from the release to feature.

I was but a sophomore in high school who had never really been in love (I had much bigger issues at that time) .. and yet somehow I knew that when Ms. Whitney sang about how she counted her teardrops and at least a million fell, there would be a day when I would understand that sometimes life hits you hard with those who move on without you.  Or maybe ,,, just maybe ... I really liked a huge dramatic chord change in the middle of a song for the dramatic effort ...

THE SMILE THAT USED TO GREET ME BRIGHTENS SOMEONE ELSE'S DAY:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1Y5Ln9PzVw