Saturday, December 30, 2017

Random Posting for Penn State 12/30/17

Here are 9 Nittany Nuggets from today's football game:

1.)  SPOILER ALERT (in case you are reading this over on the Facebook AND you have the game DVRd for later or if you are watching it on delay):  Woo-hoo!  I loves me a bowl game ... but I *really* loves me a bowl game when we are winners.

2.)  What say you SAYQUON?  I see you've recently gone on record with saying that you might wait until the Jan 15 deadline to announce your future plans, but I really really do hope you don't end up a college dropout.
3.)  So you might know that I'm not extremely sports-focused -- which might explain why it took me a bit to figure out why these kids from Wisconsin were wearing purple today.
4.)  That being said, I might have been much more engaged in football a long long time ago if they had had the cutesy rebus puzzles back when I was little.  I'm pretty sure I saw one on the sidelines tonight that included Ronaldo the soccer player + Spongebob Squarepants + Sunday (and I sure do hope I'm not spilling more secrets) ...
5.)  Hey new offensive coordinator Ricky "Ronnie" (Rahne) -- where were Bobby, Ralph, Mike and Johnny?  (NOTE:  You must be of a certain age to understand this reference.)
6.)  Speaking of play callers, it's been established I'm not some fancy footballer ... but maybe that other team would have done a little bit better if they didn't have so many people calling plays.  Have you not heard of "too many cooks" and what happens if there are too many of them in the play-kitchen?
7.)  Hey announcermen -- I was disappointed that you didn't have to pronounce the bowl sponsor somewhat robotically like they do on the commercials every time you said 'play-stay-shone'.
8.)  Hey announcermen -- thanks for putting us on notice.  The one to watch for next year is Yetur Gross-Matos (who apparently inherited Joey Julius' 99 jersey) ... although you could have been slightly less creepy when you described him in the broadcast.
9.)  I don't care what anyone else says.  *My* player of the week is going to *have* to be good ole Trace McSORLEY what with his 28th consecutive game owith a TD (in addition to all of the other records he continues to accumulate every time he takes the field).

In closing, thanks to DaeSean HAMILTON for the story about your relationship with your brother who is on the spectrum (and who likes popcorn and green ice cream based on the screen shots every time the camera panned to him in the crowd) ... and here's to another exciting season (maybe even with Saquon?) starting up again on the upcoming Labor Day weekend and just know this -- it will be here sooner than you expect!


WHAT SAY YOU SAYQUON?:
https://www.landof10.com/penn-state/penn-states-saquon-barkley-sheds-light-future-nittany-lions-hope-jumpstart-pass-rush


WELCOME RICKY "RONNIE" RAHNE (WHERE ARE THE REST OF NEW EDITION?):
http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2017/12/penn_state_ricky_rahne_offensi.html

CATCHING UP WITH THE HAMILTON BROTHERS:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2751471-brotherly-love-beyond-words-psu-wrs-unique-bond-with-sibling-with-autism