Friday, September 15, 2017

Random Flashback for Friday 9/15/17

Tonight's theme for the 45th batch of photos of my father's that I inherited when he passed is "Misc 80's".  They all belong to the pile of things with time stamps on them, but it's a mix of items, from newspaper clippings to letters to pics of my Dad and his wife-of-the-time's Rawleigh stand.

#221:  The Charlotte Observer newspaper clipping showing my Aunt Evelyn (my dad's sister) in full voice in her local choir there; dated Wed, Jun 2nd, 1982
#222:  a letter from State Senator Noah Wenger offering congratulations to Paul and Esther (my paternal grandparents) on their 62nd wedding anniversary; dated Oct 7, 1983
#223:  a letter from Ruth Martin of the "Courtesy Committee" of "The Ephrata Church of God" also congratulating Paul and Esther (my paternal grandparents) on their 62nd wedding anniversary; postmarked Oct 17, 1983
#224:  the Rawleigh products stand (and, for reasons unknown, a whole lot of shoelaces that we once also sold) -- and although the back says Green Dragon and although we definitely did have a stand there for a time, I actually think what's shown is the Lebanon Fairgrounds, where vendors were set up in the old concrete block stalls
#225:  my dad Ralph behind that same booth at the Fair, standing near the "make-your-own-button" section (they tried to do everything in those stands, and we owned one of those crimper machines to buttonize people)