Monday, May 29, 2017

Random Memorial for Monday 5/29/17

Gone but not forgotten:  another bootleg tape from Reba in the trash can ('cause that's the way this thing works -- I'm every so slowly discarding cassettes for which I also have the CD in the music collection).

This time I'll choose a song from side A ... and we'll save side B for the next slot a fortnight from now ... which means the selection will be from her 1990 album 'Rumor Has It'.  

As I frequently say, there are so many great songs from which to choose -- but I'm going to skip the ones that were released and became classics ('Fancy' or 'You Lie' anyone?) and go with something else instead.  I had narrowed it down to two choices a bit opposite in nature, so I'll provide them both.  If you're feeling sad, take a listen to the first track about sad goodbyes ('You Remember Me') -- and if you're mood is more optimistic in nature, then choose the second and go 'Climb That Mountain High' (bonus points to those of you who then go search for her later hit where she's even stronger and decides 'I'm Gonna Take That Mountain').  

Said another way:  it's reader's Reba choice tonight.

THE FUNNY WAY I SIT THERE WHEN SOMEONE SAYS GOODBYE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZj7gLDYuqk


SEE WHAT'S ON THE OTHER SIDE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxhosWVAsC0