Saturday, April 8, 2017

Random Soapbox for Saturday 4/8/17

I don't mean to go off on a rave here, but ...

... I will ... because all throughout the Lenten season, I'm going to rave instead of rant ...

[note:  I know you're likely not reading this until long after Lent, but thanks to the power of post-dating on the blog, I'm going to slip this in to the spot where I had originally intended it to be ...]

And for the last rave for a bit (I'll go back to just one a month like I used to do come "May"), I'm challenging you to be the bison!

Now, when I say that, I don't mean that your loved ones should kill you and use every single part of you for food, heat, shelter, clothes, etc (as every kid who learned about the Wild Wild West knows happened with those beasts back in the day) ... nor do I hope that you become almost extinct (well, maybe one or two of you, but I'm trying to keep this rave something positive so that's all I'll say about that).

I'm talking about the lore (maybe truth?) that says bison sense a storm is coming and, instead of running away from it, charge headlong INTO it, knowing that facing the challenge head on is the way *through* the experience instead of prolonging it -- or worse yet, wallowing in it.  (Science may also have determined that the grass immediately after the storm happens to taste extra delicious.)

So the next time you see the storm clouds gathering on the horizon -- run INTO the conflict.  Be a bison yo.

INTO THE STORM:
https://betterlifecoachingblog.com/2011/06/03/during-the-storm-be-the-buffalo-not-the-cow/

IF ALL THIS BISON TALK IS MAKING YOU HUNGRY:
https://bisoncentral.com/general-info/

SPEAKING OF THE GREAT AMERICAN BISON:
http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/films/facing-the-storm/